Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Wednesday baseball scoreboard

.


Shore Conference Tournament

Quarterfinals
SJ Vianney 7, Red Bank Catholic 6 - Marc Teel's single in the seventh wins it (pls see blog on Ocean game which includes SJ Vianney report). Vianney advances to the semifinals to play CBA in a game tentatively set for Saturday.

Ocean 2, Wall 0: Weinkofsky and Hinkle HRs. Rosenkranz Ks 13. Ocean advances to semis vs. Colts Neck.

Colts Neck 3, TR North 0 - Anthony DeSclafani throws a two-hitter and A. J. Rusbarsky drove in a run and scored one.


CBA 13, Jackson 5 - Jim Laufer grand slam in the first and Dave Laufer three-run shot in the fifth.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tony, Do know any of the pitching matchups today in the SCT.
Who is Ocean throwing, they have to save someone for friday's state?

CBA is saving Slate for Friday, who do they have vs. Jackson and does that give Jackson the edge?

I think I will pick
Colts Neck & Desclafani over TRN
Jackson over CBA with No Slate or
Laufer on the hill
RBC and Menna over SJV
Wall and Hughes over Ocean.
What do you think?

May 30, 2007 at 7:07 AM  
Blogger Tony Graham said...

The only one I am sure of is Craig Hughes going for Wall.

Ocean, I speculate, goes with Hinkle (5-1)and Rosenkranz Friday. Or the other way around.

Tough call.. I picked Ocean to win the SCT so I stick with them.

I also picked CN to upset TRN and no change there. I gotta think TRN saves Chad Geran for the states Friday and throws Scorsone (4-1), tough junior lefty. Still going with CN which I think hits better.

.



Jackson probably sends sophomore Kevin Needham (4-0) just guessing here, who blanked TR S in their last game, 1-0.

CBA counters - am guessing here too - with junior lefty Remy Cohen (4-0).

Staying with CBA.

I imagine SJV turns Bacigalupi loose on RBC and Menna. As SJV was my dark horse in that bracket (as was Colts Neck in the other) I will stick with SJV which produced an excellent showing vs. CBA. Our reporter at the game - who will be there today, too (Steve Falk) was very impressed with SJV.

May 30, 2007 at 7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home