Subscribe Now!
GannettUSA Today

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Ranaudo ""99 percent" to LSU

I just talked to St. Rose graduate and LSU signee Anthony Ranaudo, drafted in the 11th round by Texas in June ..

""Let's put it this way, I'm packing all my clothes for LSU,'' said Ranaudo. ""I'm doing all my orientation, I've paid all my book fees, and am getting ready to go down there.

""It's probably 99 percent sure I'm going down to school. There's always that one per cent - that if the Rangers called up and offered me a certain amount of money - then all of a sudden my life's changed.''


I asked Ranaudo if he had talked to CBA grad Kyle Slate, a 37th round draft pick of the Phillies. Ranaudo said, "I talked to Kyle a week ago, I think he's going to wind up going to school (U of Maine), hopefully come out a lot stronger three years from now, and be a high draft pick three years from now.''


I have no news on status of JC Menna (RBC), 39th round by Pittsburgh, signed with James Madison.


Remember...major league teams have until Aug. 15 to sign their players, otherwise they go back into the draft. All three of our players have signed with four-year `schools, so if they go the college route (as Todd Frazier did), they would not be draft eligible again until after their junior years.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Somewhat related to the topic of Shore prospects...Corey Young (Red Bank) named to Cape Cod Baseball League All-Star team.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/college/?p=266

Typically a great stepping stone for pitchers to go early in the Draft....

July 25, 2007 at 6:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Battle of TRE Little League in the Pioneer League:

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?t=g_box&gid=2007_08_03_bilrok_misrok_1&did=t513&sid=t513

August 3, 2007 at 9:35 PM  
Blogger Tony Graham said...

If you go to this box score..you'll see Jim Principe (TR East) is playing for Missoula and Todd Frazier for Billings....I have to think this is a fun reunion for both...

August 4, 2007 at 5:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home